TRUTH OF THE GOSPEL MINISTRY
BIBLE STUDY; AND WHY BELIEVERS NEED TO STUDY
(2Tim 2:15 [KJV])
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
IMPORTANT: What we do at TTGM is teach people how to study. The church that has “bible study” creates a dependent group of people who are not able to understand the bible for themselves. At TTGM we give you the tools so that you can have your own study and are able to understand God’s word for yourself.
Foundational Truths to remember as you study:
The word of God is not a Book of mystery that can only be interpreted or understood by a select few that have attended a theological school. The first group that taught this was the Roman Catholic Church. In fact they taught that the people should not even have a Bible to read for themselves and only their priest could read (bibles were published in Latin) and teach the people. Anyone that tried to print a Bible in the people’s language was put to death. If a fisherman could be chosen to hear, teach and preach the word, anyone can learn. The teacher of teachers (Holy Spirit) always does an excellent job.
We have put together some guidelines for you to follow and as long as you stay on this track, you shall understand more and more about the Book of books.
Main steps to follow when studying:
- Study only from the King James Version of the Bible – why King James? Also, watch these presentations (detailing bible corruption).
- VITAL: Let scripture interpret scripture. Too often we are tempted to place our OWN personal interpretation on what we read (no wonder they are so many denominations with different doctrines. this leads to confusion)
– If you want to give an opinion on a matter that scripture is silent on, let it be known that you are sharing an opinion and not a scriptural fact. (Paul wrote in 1Cor 7:6)
– Do not add to scripture what is not there and do not take away from scripture what is there. (Deu 4:2 & Rev 22:18-19)
- If you are researching a doctrine or a question on a matter in God’s word, find ALL of the references in the Bible that share or hint on the subject. Your final conclusion should not be in conflict with any other verse in the scripture. In other words, your conclusion on doctrine should be in harmony with all the verses in scripture that speak to that specific subject.
- Study the meaning of the root word used in each text as sometimes the English meaning can be quite different from the original Hebrew/Greek language (the Bible was written in Hebrew (OT), Aramaic (OT) and Greek (NT).
- When you have come to a conclusion on a doctrine that is not widely held by the mainstream, share it with others that know the word to determine if (BY THE WORD) they can find an issue with your conclusion.
- Be prepared to accept that you may have come to an incorrect doctrinal conclusion (FROM THE WORD). No one is perfect.
Going deeper into Bible Study with R. A. Torrey
Basic tools for Study:
A King James Bible with Strong’s Concordance – Software we highly recommend theWord (free)
King James Bible for Android –KJV(free)
— — —
To you that want to show yourself approved by God (2Tim 2:15); study takes effort and if you are not motivated, you will not last long in your efforts.
Ask yourself this, Do I Love Jesus with all my heart, mind and soul? Is He on my mind at every waking moment? Do I want to please him every minute of the day? Do I keep all of his commandments?
Jesus knows the ones that love him. It is written.
(John 14:23-24 [KJV])
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. 24. He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father’s which sent me.
(John 15:10 [KJV])
If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love.
What is the word saying? To keep Jesus’ commandments/words/sayings is to demonstrate your love for him. When you Love someone (in this case Jesus) you are motivated to know everything about that person. So your motivation to study and know everything about your lover (Jesus) will lift your efforts further and higher. You will be propelled by your love for Him to understand everything about Him in His word. Read understanding God’s love.
If this love for Jesus is absent, pray to God and ask him to help you. Desire him with all your mind, body and soul. Do not despair, it will be well with you, God ALWAYS responds to them that truly seek Him.
—- —- —-^
MORE TOPICS OF INTEREST:
Read about the Many (to Hell) and the Few (to God’s Kingdom)
Understanding the Old and New Covenant – Explaining the Gospel
Why the FEW keep the commandments as written in the Torah (videos – watch the first).
A historical account that explains why the modern church moved away from the Way (the commandments of God) – watch the first video
Like, please share.
Be no longer deceived, we invite you to read "It is TRUTH". Be prepared in truth before it is your turn to go onto the other side.
This book touches on a number of critical subjects that are taught in Christendom and it shows how man’s deception has twisted the word of God. If you want to worship God and follow Jesus (Yeshua) in spirit and in TRUTH, this book is for you. In reading the book I pray you understand God’s word as God intended.
This book is also fact-based. Evidence to support what is stated will be shown both biblically and historically by links and references to authoritative sources.
Contents include the following:
The commandments and the Torah | Deception in the church
Why would iniquity keep you out of Heaven? | Are you in God’s will?
Do you have the heart of an adulterer? | Are you thinking marriage?
What is true marriage? | Is polygamy sin in the eyes of God?
The right and wrong way to become one flesh and much more.
To support our Ministry buy the Kindle ebook from Amazon ($0.99 USD) – Paperback is also available. You can also give away this book as a gift to family and friends.